Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
This program provides Free tax prep and e-file for low income (under $54,000), disabled & elderly to help keep more hard-earned dollars in their pockets. There is absolutely no cost to clients and every return undergoes a quality review.
Our VITA site is temporarily closed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
We are not accepting appointments at this time, and can not answer tax questions over the phone. We are working on a plan to serve clients virtually. Clients who's returns were suspended will receive first priority, and will be contacted directly. Please sign up for our eNewsletter to receive reopening information, or check this web-page
- The IRS has extended the tax filing and payment deadline to July 15.
- Economic Relief payments are automatic if you filed a 2018 OR 2019 return, and for most seniors or retirees. More Information including:
- "Get My Payment" application to: Check your payment status, confirm direct deposit or by mail? or enter your bank account information for direct deposit
- and "Non-Filers: "Enter Your Payment Info"
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse & dependents (An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted if you do not have a Social Security number. Bring proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and all dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest & dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- A copy of last year’s federal & state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit (ex: a blank check) for checking and savings accounts.
- To file e-file a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign
- All Forms 1095 Health Insurance Statements, 1095-A, B or C Affordable Health Care Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Total amount paid for rent and landlord’s name and address
And an appointment.
| Client Info | Volunteer Home | Step by Step to Certify | FAQS | Program Report |
Economic Relief Payments