Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
This program provides Free tax prep and e-file for low income (under $54,000), disabled & elderly to help keep more hard-earned dollars in their pockets. There is absolutely no cost to clients and every return undergoes a quality review.
Our VITA site is now operating as a Virtual VITA site due to the coronavirus pandemic.
We are now serving clients virtually with nearly contact free procedures. The IRS has extended the tax filing and payment deadline to July 15. We are not making in person appointments. We can not answer tax questions over the phone. Please sign up for our eNewsletter to receive updates.
You can schedule an appointment below to bring your tax documents to our drive up window.
Your documents will be scanned into our secure software. A volunteer preparer will use the scanned documents to complete your income tax return, and call you with questions. A quality reviewer will review your return, and call you to go over it with you. After the quality review is complete, you will recieve an email through Adobe Sign, for electronic signature(s) Once your return is electronically signed, we recieve a confirmation and you recieve a signed copy. When we recieeve that confirmation, we can e-file your return.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse & dependents (An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted if you do not have a Social Security number. Bring proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN)
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and all dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest & dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- A copy of last year’s federal & state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit (ex: a blank check) for checking and savings accounts.
- To file e-file a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign
- All Forms 1095 Health Insurance Statements, 1095-A, B or C Affordable Health Care Statements
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Total amount paid for rent and landlord’s name and address
- These two items can be printed and filled out ahead of time to speed up apppointment:
And an appointment.Intakes are done by appointment only.
| Client Info | Volunteer Home | Step by Step to Certify | FAQS | Program Report |
Schedule an Appointment
Economic Relief Payment Information